Outreach Engagement Coordinator
Mindoula provides 24/7 virtual and in-person support to people with behavioral health needs to improve their lives and the lives of their families by providing access to appropriate healthcare and community services. The company is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, and serves the Washington DC Metro Area, Maryland, Virginia, Louisiana, New Jersey and is rapidly expanding nationally.
The ideal Collaborative Care Case Manager will have top-notch communications and customer service skills, an exceedingly pleasant phone manner, the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, and a high degree of professionalism. Comfort in speaking to people with behavioral health needs is a must. The candidate with also be extremely organized, self motivated, and at ease with a variety of computer programs including electronic health records, customer relation management databases and G suite.
Position Type: Full-time Regular position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and must work at least 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
This position will require the ability to work various schedules when necessary, including outside of “core” work hours and will allow for some flexibility in scheduling as approved by manager
The Collaborative Care Case Manager will be responsible to:
- Use clear and accurate communication skills (both verbal and written) to communicate with patients over the phone and through email
- Evaluate the behavioral health needs of a patient via validated assessments and interviews
- Encourage clients to express feelings and discuss their behavioral health struggles and needs
- Produce high quality documentation that enables the clients to receive the best treatment possible.
- Prepare and maintain all required records, reports, paperwork, and clients’ diagnostic records, maintaining confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Accurately complete all case notes in a professional, timely manner.
- Enter data into multiple locations in a timely manner without error.
- Provide appropriate education about Mindoula’s Collaborative Care Program and the answer questions regarding cost, co-insurance, and eligibility
- Uphold professional standards as a representative of Mindoula Health.
- Improve our program and work environment through constructive suggestions and show each individual respect and compassion without crossing therapeutic boundaries, infringing on ethical standards, or being drawn into unethical situations.
- Work as part of the clinical team; promote teamwork and unity.
- Respond positively to supervision and to recommendations for improved performance.
- Work under high stress with multiple priorities maintaining the ability to respond to clients and their support systems in a healthy manner.
- Relate to clients in a nonthreatening manner that is not rude, impersonal, or degrading to the client.
- Required education: Bachelor's degree.
- Some experience in the mental health sphere and with customer service are a plus.
- Requires extreme comfort with technology and ability to learn new systems, transition between technologies easily, and ensure data accuracy
- Technologies include:
- Google Office Suite - Docs, Sheets, Drive, Slides
- Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Web browser
- EMR database software (Citrix-based client)
- Capsule CRM
- Technologies include:
- Proven effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance assigned tasks, including prioritizing work assigned each day according to established guidelines.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality and sound judgment with respect to sensitive member information, maintaining the integrity of member records at all times
- 6 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 flex holiday
- Two additional personal days (employees birthday and employees anniversary of start date)
- 16 PTO days (full PTO schedule below; number of PTO hours are prorated based on the month of hire)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Professional Development Allowance of $500 per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account