Clinical Care Manager
Mindoula provides 24/7 virtual and in-person support to people experiencing behavioral health issues to improve their lives and the lives of their families by providing access to appropriate healthcare and community services. The company is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, and serves the Washington DC Metro Area, Maryland, Virginia, Louisiana, and is rapidly expanding nationally.
Mindoula’s clinical care managers are supported by technology including a mobile engagement app, proprietary psychometrics, and predictive analytics, are the key to its success. Mindoula expects to expand rapidly across multiple business lines in multiple states and is seeking an experienced Care Manager. The Care Manager will be responsible daily to:
- Guide clients in the development of skills and/or strategies for managing problems and triggers to increase relapse prevention and reduce risk.
- Encourage clients to express feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, assisting them in developing insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Encourage clients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships.
- Educate clients about mental or physical illness, abuse, medication, and available community and social resources.
- Assess clients for risk, make quick evaluations for risk, and respond within the parameters outlined within their safety plan, formulating and performing crisis intervention the ensures the safety of clients as necessary.
- Formulate interventions with internal and external programs that impact clients and their ability to maintain in the community, being sensitive to clients’ cultural, educational and religious needs .
- Monitor, evaluate, and record clients’ progress according to measurable goals.
- Prepare and maintain all required records, reports, paperwork, and clients’ diagnostic records, maintaining confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Use clear and accurate communication skills (both verbal and written) to facilitate communication with the clients, clients’ family/caregivers, with staff, and treatment team; produce high quality documentation that enables the clients to receive the best treatment possible.
- Competently relate to clients, their families, and agencies involved with clients through above average interpersonal skills.
- Master's degree in psychology, social work, or other behavioral health discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Two + years experience in the clinical and behavioral health field providing, developing, implementing, and/or administering program(s).
- Must be licensed in the state of Florida
- 6 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 flex holiday
- Two additional personal days (employees birthday and employees anniversary of start date)
- 16 PTO days (full PTO schedule below; number of PTO hours are prorated based on the month of hire)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Professional Development Allowance of $500 per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account