Patient Service Coordinator
A rapidly growing psychiatric outpatient clinic is seeking a receptionist The ideal candidate will be energetic, flexible, and capable of exercising sound judgment and problem-solving skills in a dynamic, constantly changing, often pressured environment. Top-notch communications and customer service skills, a pleasant phone manner, the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, and a high degree of professionalism are musts. Daily duties will include:Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Greeting patients and directing the flow of the front-office while responding to general patient inquiries and complaints, routing to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Review collection of information, make copies and attach patient insurance cards, referrals and authorizations to ensure accuracy of files.
- Communicate regularly with administrative and billing team to support patient appointments, request for information, and related billing inquiries.
- Collect co-pays and past due balances at the time of check-in, reconcile check and credit card payments and enter into daily payment collections spreadsheet.
- Coordinate with billing team to monitor and review flagged patient notifications in EMR system to update missing patient information prior to appointment.
- Manage the provider appointment calendar to maximize provider utilization, while enforcing patient appointments compliance, as required.
- Monitor office supplies ad notify Practice Manager when replenishment is necessary.
- Answer medium to high call volume for multiple locations and direct callers to appropriate support staff.
- Receive, review and process medical records inquiries on behalf of patients within specified time-frame.
- Escort patients to Tele-psych room and assist with setup of video equipment connection.
- Review and stamp incoming mail and faxes and route to appropriate staff members and team leaders.
- Perform other office duties as assigned by Practice Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years medical front desk experience
- Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency and prior EMR experience highly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, courteous, positive attitude and strong customer service experience
- *Strong preference to candidates with Medical Assistant experience/certification.
- 6 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 flex holiday
- Two additional personal days (employees birthday and employees anniversary of start date)
- 16 PTO days (full PTO schedule below; number of PTO hours are prorated based on the month of hire)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Professional Development Allowance of $500 per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account